Three things that I hate about journalism
To not extend too much the list, I’m going to mention three aspects that I hate about journalism. The first one is the unstable situation of the journalism jobs, with this I’m referring to the situation that one month we could have a job, and the next month lose it, or we could be hired to do just one job, and then, when we finish that specific job, we don’t have anything to do, and many more situations that don’t give us, the journalists, a stable job.
The second thing that I hate about journalism, is that we could be interrupted, for example, in our holidays, to cover a sudden piece of news. It’s public knowledge that if we work in any media related to current events, not a podcast or a conversation program, we could be requested at any time of the day and any day of the week.
And finally, the third thing is the monopoly that owns written journalism, currently two business groups are the owners of most newspapers in our country, so if I want to write about sports, I would have to do it in one of the newspapers that are in possession of this two business groups. The alternative is working in TV or radio, but unfortunately, accumulation of property exists in this media too.
From my point of view, these problems could be solved mostly with a new legislation, that understands the journalist as a common person that has a common life, and that understands journalism as a tool that can change many things and can impact people.
I agree. The journalism is a very precarius job. We need to change that.
ResponderEliminarIf you are a journalist, you have to say goodbye to christmas, new years eve, birthdays and everything!
ResponderEliminarthe concentration of mass media is really really bad for the society!
ResponderEliminarI agree and it's really sad... Because the romantic idea of the profession it's a lie.
ResponderEliminarworking conditions must change.
ResponderEliminarI aslo hate the fact that journalism has a very unstable situation.
ResponderEliminar